Not always you have to wait until Christmas to get a gift or wait until a birthday to feel uplifted. We are here to make you feel delightful and to introduce you with Street Chicken burger recipe.
To make 2 servings of Street Burgers Chicken burger, you’ll need:
- 1 chicken fillet.
- Marinade for chicken – your choice. You can buy premade chicken marinades in stores.
- Garlic sauce (mayonnaise + 1 garlic clove grated on a fine grater).
- Salads – your choice. For a crisp burger, we recommend an iceberg salad.
- 1 large tomato.
- 1 onion.
- 1 piece pickled cucumber.
- Cheese – up to you. It is desirable to use one that melts well – Alpine cheese, Cheddar.
- Pesto – You can make your own or buy pesto at the store.
- Bread – burger buns, or polar bread.
To make pesto you’ll need:
- 250 g of basil leaves without stems
- 200ml of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 25g of garlic
- 5g of roasted nuts. Suitable for pine nuts, walnuts, hazelnuts or pumpkin seeds
- 100g of hard / parmesan cheese
- Preparation time: 2 – 24h for the marinade and 30min cooking time
Cut the chicken fillet horizontally in half, mix it with spices and leave it in the refrigerator. If you plan to leave the chicken for 12-24 hours, you can probably make the marinade not so strong. If time is limited, you can make the marinade more intense.
You can create pesto sauce beforehand, which will take just a few minutes. Put all the ingredients in the blender until you have sauce type mixture. Don’t forget to remove the stems of the basil leaves – this is to avoid having a burger surprise later with the hair-like objects in the pesto sauce that tend to be left with the stems which are not removed.
You can start to cook chicken. If you have a grill at home, then you can cook each side of the chicken for 4-5 minutes. If you are cooking chicken in a pan, then cook the chicken on both sides for 4-8 minutes in a preheated pan. When the chicken is almost done, place a slice of cheese on top of it to melt it.
While you are cooking chicken you can start with preparations -wash all the vegetables, cut tomato, cucumber and the onion into slices, separate the lettuce. On a separate pan, lightly brown the bread on both sides to keep it warm and crisp.
When the bread is ready, that put some garlic sauce on the bread. Put all the vegetable on one slice of the bread, but don’t forget to put some pesto on chicken. In the end, just put the other slice of bread on top of it and your Street Chicken burger is ready.
Have a great meal and see you at Street Burgers.